What is PhunkyFoods?
PhunkyFoods is an award-winning early years and primary school programme of healthy lifestyle curriculum activities, lesson plans and resources. We provide teaching staff with the tools and training to deliver top quality, fun healthy lifestyles activities and lessons.
The aim of the programme is to aid schools and early years settings (EYS) in meeting healthy lifestyles curriculum requirements by delivering key, consistent health messages; either by incorporating new activity ideas through the existing curriculum/topic areas or via PhunkyFood's clubs. The programme focuses on helping schools/EYS deliver a whole-school approach to healthy lifestyles and to engage with all children, and their families, in promoting tangible health behaviour changes in a fun, lively and positive manner.
What do our schools/EYS receive?
- Over 150 curriculum-linked lesson plans/activity ideas on healthy eating
- Over 150 curriculum-linked lesson plans/activity ideas on physical activity
- Resource box containing all resources required to run the programme in school/EYS
- PhunkyFood's online training programme for all school staff
- FREE places on the NCFE accredited National Level 2 Qualification in Nutrition and Health for School Aged Children
- Access to our nation-wide database of healthy lifestyles activities and intervention ideas
- An "Ask the Expert" facility with access to Registered Nutritionists and dietitians
- Data collection tools
Each school/EYS receives a resource box full of useful tools to help run the programme.
- Large vinyl EatWell plate floor mat
- Food Models
- Interactive Whiteboard DVDs
- Interactive Whiteboard big books
- Music CDs
- Reward stickers
- Games, plus much more
Independent research by the National Foundation for Education Research (NFER) found that ..
"PhunkyFoods clearly helped expand, embed and enhance health-related teaching, through increasing school staff competence and confidence, complementing other initiatives and positively impacting on pupil knowledge, attitudes and behaviour."
Benefits for schools/EYS
- A complete pre-planned programme for teaching key, consistent healthy lifestyles messages across all year groups, from Early Years to Year 6.
- Two formats for delivery: the PhunkyFood's club (the PhunkyFood's breakfast, lunch or after-schools club) or the PhunkyFood's curriculum (perfect for the classroom setting through existing topics/curriculum or for PPA time)
- A lively cross-curricular approach to teaching healthy lifestyles in-line with current national recommendations through art, music, history, drama and a real hands-on approach to food.
- Pre-planned, easy to use format of lesson plans and resources makes it perfect for PPA or supply cover, and lesson planning incorporates necessary progression, extension and support activities.
- Supporting key targets from both National and Local Healthy Schools Programmes
- Supporting Government's "Change4Life" initiative
- Supporting key targets from the Government's Call to Action on Obesity: Healthy Lives, Healthy People
- Helping children and young people to understand the risks associated with unhealthy behaviours and to make the right connections with health
- supports learning across all primary curriculum subjects and inspection frameworks in England, Scotland and Wales
For further information please call 01423 858123
or visit www.phunkyfoods.com If you would like to speak though your requirements please contact a member of the PhunkyFoods team on 01423 858123